Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My blog - welcome!

Of course you are wondering why you are here. There are plenty of voices in the bloggy world, so why should you listen to mine? I hope to be a voice for truth, and I'd love for you to stay.

I am a thinker. An old friend calls it "ticker tape." She says you can tell I never stop thinking.

Sometimes thinking prevents doing, and sometimes (well, most of the time) thinking allows me to focus my thoughts - channel them; funnel them - to a center place, a place of truth.

"The truth shall set you free" John 8:32 Truth sets us free: free from pain, free from bondage, free from misconception, free from stress, free from confusion. This truth has the power to free me from whatever I have been enslaved. What power this truth has!! What wonder! Pain, bondage, misconception, stress, confusion? Books and articles and essays are written every day about how to obtain this freedom, and yet 6 simple words claim more power than any of these.

Knowing this truth has so much power is so motivating. I want to find this truth. I need to find this truth. I need to be free. Unfortunately the beginning part of the verse is often forgotten: "Ye shall know the truth." I can only be free when I know the truth. "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

"Thy Word is truth" John 17:17

"In the beginning was the Word...and the Word was God" John 1:1

You see, it is only when I know truth that I am able to live in truth. "Abide in me" Jn 15:4 I cannot abide in that which I do not know. Once I know truth I have the freedom to follow truth without the "entanglement of the affairs of this life."

This, my readers, is my goal: to know truth. I do not claim to have any more power or talent or ability than any one else in this matter, simply the power from knowing Christ and His Word. So welcome to my journey of thought: thoughts about truth. It is my goal to focus the thoughts and happenings of my day around God, His Son, and His Word.

So as you read come join me at the fireside of life with a hot cup of (tea, coffee, cocoa). This is a place for you to curl up and think.

5 comments:

  1. way to go! you did it!

    One post down, many more to go.

    Have fun
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to the blogosphere! Can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, and keep on thinking and writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherrie, I'm sure this will be a blessing and encouragment to others and a testimony for our Savior. What you have already written is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello friend! This is a great way to see a different side of you - I've loved your many thought provoking words . . . and I especially love your journey for Truth, God's Truth. Praying that more of the world will begin that journey and perhaps through your blog some of those small seeds can be planted.

    Love you! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete